If you’ve been cutting back on dairy, but worried you may be missing out on some key nutrients, try these delicious smoothies.
Ginger Pear Smoothie
1 cup water
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
1/2 tablespoon hemp seeds
2 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup spinach
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Nutrition score per serving: 256 calories, 12g protein
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bliss Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons peanut butter (could also use other nut or seed butters)
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Cultured Coconut Milk (Yogurt)
- ¾ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 8oz container (1 cup) So Delicious Dairy Free Chocolate Single-Serve Coconut Milk
- Garnish Options: dairy-free chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, or cocoa powder
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth and creamy.
- Pour into your favorite glass and garnish with dairy free chocolate chips, chocolate shavings or cocoa powder. www.godairyfree.org
Makes 5 cups
1 cup cranberry or pomegranate juice
1 cup silken tofu, soy or other non-dairy milk, such as almond, rice, coconut or hemp
2 cups frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, alone or in any combination
2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup, cranberry or pomegranate concentrate (health food stores), only if you like it sweeter
Mix all ingredients in the blender a full minute at high speed until smooth and frothy.
Avocado Blueberry Super Smoothie
This creamy, sweet super smoothie is perfect for breakfast or as a post workout snack.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1½ cups frozen mango
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon chia + more to top
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey + more to taste (use maple syrup or stevia if strict vegan)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond butter (or any nut butter you prefer)
- 1½ – 2 cups unsweetened nut milk or filtered water
- In the bowl of a blender, combine the frozen blueberries & mango, avocado, chia seeds, maca powder, raw honey and almond butter. Fill the blender with 1½ – 2 cups nut milk or water, depending on how thick you prefer your smoothie. Blend until smooth and creamy. Drink cold, topped with a sprinkling of chia seeds
Acai Smoothie Bowl
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. acai powder
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- stevia to taste
- fresh berries coconut flakes, nuts or seeds for topping
- 1.In a high-speed blender, puree berries, avocado, flaxseed, hemp hearts, chia, acai powder, protein powder and just enough coconut water to puree.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Add stevia to taste.
- Top with fresh berries
Almond and Date Smoothie
- ¼ cup Dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup Oats, can be quick or slow cooking
- 1 tsp Maca powder, preferably gelatinized
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp Almond butter
- ½ cup Original Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 whole ripe banana
- 1 cup ice
- Blend everything together and enjoy! www.almondbreeze.com